SharePoint Online delivers the powerful features of SharePoint without the associated overhead of managing the infrastructure on your own. Flexible management options ensure that you still retain the control you need to meet the compliance requirements of your organization.
- Cross device availability - Easily access and interact with your SharePoint newsfeed, wherever you go using the SharePoint mobile apps available across various devices.
- Easy to Manage - You can get setup in virtually no time! The powerful admin console allows your organization to easily manage capabilities, policies and security for all the content and features within SharePoint. Automated maintenance of the servers ensure that you are always up to date with the latest features with minimal downtime.
- Enterprise grade reliability and standards - Safeguard your data by hosting it in geographically distributed datacenters with continuous data backup, premier disaster recovery capabilities and a team of experts monitoring the servers around the clock.
Microsoft SharePoint gives your organization a flexible, controlled environment for sharing documents and company information. It takes cloud storage to a higher level, with advanced features;
- Document library - create a central place for business departments to store information. Make it easy for sales staff to download brochures, store, create an archive of received invoices and make HR documentation available to all.
- Document control - Decide who can view or edit on a document by document basis.
- Build intranets - Create a company-wide space for information and knowledge sharing.
- Remote working - Provide a secure cloud storage solution so colleagues can work wherever they are.
- Microsoft Office integration — Use Microsoft Office 2010 (or higher) to edit documents on your desktop, laptop or Windows tablet.
Although social computing, mobility, and search are substantially improved upon in SharePoint 2013, Microsoft invested in other areas as well. Additional enhancements and updates to the platform include:
- Branding: Design features in SharePoint 2013 offer an improved process for building eye-catching intranet and internet sets and minimize the amount of SharePoint knowledge required to successfully design and brand a dynamic SharePoint site. Read more about our team of SharePoint design experts.
- Business Connectivity Services: Updates to Business Connectivity Services improves the way that SharePoint 2013 and Office 2013 clients access data stored outside of SharePoint.
- Business Intelligence: From intuitive ad-hoc reporting to integrated metrics from multiple data sources, SharePoint 2013 business intelligence tools enable you to organize your vision of business goals, processes, and performance requirements.
- eDiscovery: Improvements to eDiscovery include the ability to perform eDiscovery queries, which preserves and exports discovered content, while allowing users to continue work with the content.
- Identity Management: Authentication enhancements in SharePoint 2013 ease the process of using claims-based authentication and allows for multiple types of authentication on a single web application.
- Records Management and Compliance: SharePoint 2013 improves the ways to help you protect your business. The platform introduces retention policies that can be applied at the site level, while records archive and in-place record retention from earlier versions of SharePoint Server are still supported.
- Upgrade features: SharePoint 2013 offers several improvements to upgrade features, such as upgrade for service applications and site collections, and a site health checker. If you are looking to upgrade or migrate to SharePoint 2013, learn more about SharePoint migrations and upgrades.
- Web Content Management: SharePoint 2013’s web content management simplifies how you design publishing sites, enhances the authoring and publishing processes, and also uses enterprise search to surface dynamic web content on publishing sites.
You can purchase SharePoint in the cloud as a standalone offering or as part of an Office 365 suite where you could also get access to Exchange, Lync, the Office clients and web apps.